Wednesday, October 24, 2018

THE ORANGE COUCH.


Aaron,
(Coyote)

By the time you'll be reading this, 
Ill be a thousands of miles away.
Preparing to face Anacondas, sickness, & a past life
of both love and buried pain.
--
If I am afraid, 
I know your light will search for me and draw me out 
of the darkest of places.

 miles between us, 
are only empty lots for bridges you will build. 
 If I close my lids & tremble, 
will you take my hand to the orange couch across
from the wood burning fireplace?
Your heart against mine.

I trust you will.


You are not of this earth.
You are like me.
You are magic.

You said it yourself,
"we aren't supposed to be like this."
Ill say it again.
"What if we are?"

What if this life is a backwoods cigar, 
the sound of crickets 
and a fires cackle.

What if life is not always trapped, 
but always finding freedom.



YOU,
Hold all the truths,
to unlock 
ALL the chains inside.

In a tiny little box,
In the biggest of hearts.
-L


No comments:

Post a Comment