Monday, June 18, 2018

CISCO.

-Cisco, Utah-

"A barber shop for the living & a playground for the dead"

It was a hot, dry morning... 
the sun was no kisser either, 
it was no gentle beam of light,
scraping our skin, 
turning our flesh to weathered western leather.

In the afternoon
I watched Eileen take my lovers identity with a shitty clippers, 
minutes after I watched him take hers, 
willfully losing themselves in RV mirrors together.

I did not know much about this woman,
I just knew this was her town...
little did i know,
her town would soon speak volumes of her to me.
 by the end of Cisco,
I would have lived and breathed my dear Eileen.




However, 

I truly believe 
not all sacred moments that come to man are meant to be spoken of,
but are to be kept atop the rocks alongside river bend,
or with the cougars in the shadow of the unknown.


"with every shooting star I wished a wish I'll never say."
with every shooting star she'd gasp, 
and then we'd lay"

No comments:

Post a Comment