Tuesday, February 11, 2020

STANDING ROCK.


7:45 AM
 Standing Rock
NORTH DAKOTA


My mind races like a wild horse,
when the moon rotates slow above the piñon pines.
Thoughts run down my back 
falling into the cracks down my sides.

My slumber’s sliced open 
by the ice of the air , 
As the distant hum haunts, 
invasion comes clear 


The dawn, 
is swept off into the sun, 
along with the clouds, 
the dirt & fog.

Elders pass tobacco, 
a pinch to pay a prayer, 
the fire eats it up 
It’s flames become its ears.


The peace of this land,
the sacred promise it holds, 
disrupted by thieves
& unforgiving ghosts

 tribes of warriors, 
face the muzzles of men
history repeats itself 
Again & again.



 "I felt a spirit run through me, 
as gentle as smoke 
& embers of smudge"

"the heavy heart ache, 
falls with feathers, 
feathers found for strength & love"



MNI WICONI
WATER IS LIFE
November 1st, 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment