Thursday, March 15, 2018

BALSAMIC SCARS


Dear Florence, 

I pour balsamic into an olive oil dish 
& watch it take shapes similar to small scars.

The bottle of Sangiovese hits my lips, 
painting them each red the way an artist would give his last breath to paint this city. 

Tears hang tightly onto my face 
like the row of pastel buildings 
running parallel to Ponte Vecchio..

I now see clear in all your river mirrors, 
bitter fears I once set sail. 


Silently searching for solace,
I head towards a place of 
Roman Gods,
hoping to find strength and soloution in their 
stares of stone.


To this day I am unsure how, 
but the moss covered men, women, and mammal spoke 
volumes to my unsettled heart. 

Here, I began to understand the unbearable 
pain of loss and the darkness that may follow.

And there, 
in the Boboli Gardens of Florence 
my despair was overcome by the panacean power of light.

1 comment:

  1. It’s Wonderful❤️! You are not a bump on a blog, don’t ever stop sharing😁

    ReplyDelete