Thursday, October 13, 2016

SAGE.


 We have one rule on the road: 
"If your eyes at any moment spot a place, feeling, or light worthy of the lens, slam the brakes."

To capture time is more appealing then to race it I believe.
 It was a blistering heat,  
So we tossed our slips on a Juniper rooted along the creek, the one  our sunburnt, clay braised bodies thirsted for.  

Tessa's hands doubled as pans as I watched her sift stones through her fingertips.
Water Striders danced across the surface & around my calves, clumsily bumping into one another for my entertainment.

Sagebrush lined the base of Pinion pines as cracks lined My lip skin, splitting like the desert ground I stood upon. We bundled Sage and tied it together with sweetgrass, knowing one day evil spirits would find us, ones we would soon smudge away. 


1 comment:

  1. I am delighted to see this post! I like the reflection in your photograph very much...

    Free Crude Tips

    ReplyDelete